Camp Hanes 2022

On an early, crisp Thursday morning, we boarded the clean, fresh, blue bus to go on the adventure we had all been waiting for, Camp Hanes. The bus was full of excitement and nervousness as for some of us, this was our first time away from home, but not for me. I have been away from home many times before, but this was my first sleep away camp. When we saw the first glimpse of the rocky, gorgeous mountains, we all looked in awe as we drove into the green, cheerful camp.

My favorite activity that the camp offered us was rock climbing/the outdoor obstacle course. I loved this activity the most because it was super fun cheering our classmates on and timing ourselves on the obstacle course. On one of the rock climbing walls there was a rusty, old, wiggly rock that made it basically impossible to climb. I tried and tried to climb over that rock but it was too hard so I lowered myself down. Next, I tried another rock climbing wall and made it to the top twice. The rock climbing walls and the obstacle course were huge! It was overlooking a lake and the woods at the same time, it was gorgeous! After everyone in my group had done rock climbing and the obstacle course many, many times, we went off to our next activity.

Thank you so much to Cammi, Kayla, Dem, Sarah, and Bella for making our Camp Hanes trip super memorable and fun! Without them, our trip would have not been the same, for we do not know the camp like they do! They helped some of us overcome our fears of things we have not tried. I am very proud that Kayla taught me how to shoot an arrow in archery. Thank you so much Camp Hanes staff for making us 6th graders happy!

2 thoughts on “Camp Hanes 2022