Chorus

My current Fine Art is Chorus. When you take Chorus at my school, you learn all about vocal types, singing, vocal warmups, etc. At the end of the trimester, we choose songs to sing for our parents and perform with the band. This performance is February 28th for me, and I am very excited! We are singing five different songs that range from Hamilton to Bruno Mars.

My teacher is Ms. Richardson and she is fabulous! This trimester she has taught us so much about how our voices work, how to preserve them, and how to sing confidently. She helped us choose songs to sing with the 5th graders who are also taking Chorus this trimester. Ms. Richardson picked people’s names out of a hat and those people got to announce one of the songs. I am introducing the song “Pirate Story”, it is about kids pretending that there are pirates. Overall, Chorus has been very fun and I am very excited to perform!

2 thoughts on “Chorus

1. Layla! I love that you wrote about your time in chorus! You have been a fantastic chorus student and I’ve loved working with you so much!!

2. Layla,

I agree that Mrs. Richardson is indeed fabulous! I wish I had taken a chorus class with her because then my singing wouldn’t be so bad. I know she takes teaching about voice very seriously and I am glad you recognize that and find joy in it. Wait, I thought pirates ARE real?

~Mr. Harris